Do you know how you use question words including who, where, what, why, which,when and how? Check out the little table below to see how to use each word.
Who will answer the phone?
What Specific Thing, Object
What is that?
Which Choice, Alternative
Which way do I go?
Where Position, Place
Where are you going?
When Time, Occasion, Moment
When will the train arrive?
Why Reason, Explanation
Why did you do that?
How Way, Manner, Form
How do I train my dog?
Now practice using the Question words.
Look at the statemenets below and complete the question sentence using one of these question words.
who, what, where, why, which, when, how.
1) I’m catching the train tonight ………. time are you catching the train?
2) My phone rang this afternoon ………. called you this afternoon?
3) I had to drive to the appointment ………. route did you take?
4) Can you see my glasses? ………. did you have them last?
5) I have been off work sick ………. do you feel now?
6) I’m hungry! ………. is dinner?
7) The bus was late again. ………. was the bus late
The answers are below
Remember we have great courses at theenglishlanguagecoach.com. Check them all out hereo Our courses